Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on Smile@waterside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Devona View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on Smile@waterside
    Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 13:11
My boyfriend is one of the managers at Smile@Waterside restaurant and would like to get your opinions on what is good and bad about the place. I can't see that it's ever been mentioned on this site but as he tells me they have a lot of farang customers I assume some of you might have been there.

I've eaten there several times myself and feel like the food is a bit variable - sometimes very good and other times kind of average. It would be good to get some feedback, though, so he can see where they can improve things.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

True Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote True Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 14:15

Feedback on Smile restaurant

Food : In my opinion the food was very average
Service : The waitress who served our table was slow and not once did she smile.I'm not sure why they called the restaurant "Smile" but it's good marketing on their behalf.
Decor & Atmosphere : Despite the food & service being below par  the decor and atmosphere was great.I really liked the music.

I'll give Smile another go shortly and i hope there will be some improvement with the food & sevice.

Edited by True Blue - 05 Mar 08 at 14:16
prem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 16:36
I have been to 'Smile' on several occasions and always enjoyed myself.  Yes I agree that the food can be 'patchy' but the general 'ambiance' of the place is excellent. They do not seem to have enough staff when the place is busy, only the PG's seem to be serving on occasion.  The band, in particular the girl singer, are very good.
I think, therefore I am....not Thai   (Apologies to Rene Descartes)
dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 19:55
When I want good service and a smile I go to Caesars. At a restaurant I don't need all the frills but, what I do require, is non-patchy food. Wink

squadie View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 08 at 04:47
where is this place  
squadie
Devona View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 08 at 16:28
It's by the lake but I don't know KK well enough to know the roads yet, maybe someone else can help you with that.

Thanks for the comments - I'm sure they can work on the service and smiles but not sure how to translate "patchy" into Thai?!
Freddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 08 at 21:09
har sip  har sip     =   50-50

Freddie
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 08 at 21:35

Fri 07 Mar 08, 8:25 p.m.

It is on the east side of the lake.  That is the left side if you are heading away from town toward Pimanchon, about mid-way between the two ends, before you get to Rim Bueng Inn.

I have bicycled by several times in the afternoon, and I never see anyone inside.  Are they open for lunch?  What's kind of stuff is on the menu?

Aloha,

Rex
jgkk View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 08 at 21:01
There is a sign outside, been up about 2 months saying they are open for lunch, but I too have not seen people in at lunchtime.  Always seems to be pretty full in the evenings, so must be doing something right.
Good Thai food on menu, as well as some European dishes. I have enjoyed the 3 meals we have had there, and some friends ate steak which was better than most here in Thailand.
As said the atmosphere and music is good, but if you sit too near the band in the indoor aircon bit, it is much to loud.  OK for talking if you are a bit further away.  All in all one of the better eating places in Khon Kaen
Devona View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 08 at 17:29
They've stopped doing lunches for the moment as there's not been much interest. Think they might try again in May and market it a bit better.

I've also been blasted by the band when we had to sit indoors once so know exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks for the comments - Nung, my man, is very interested, and it's impressed his boss too as I don't think he'd thought of actually asking customers what they do and don't like. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic