Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Khon Kaen Gym

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Scott View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Khon Kaen Gym
    Posted: 25 Feb 10 at 18:35
Hi there...I'm going to be in Khon Kaen next month...I know there is this real nice fitness center near Fairy Plaza on the KFC side....I forgot the name but was wondering if someone knows that name and has any contact info for them...email, phone number etc...would really appreciate it
Thanks
Sponsored Links

TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 10 at 19:34
Pulse.

Last week I was told it's no longer in business.

There's another place on the East side of the lake, towards the Southern end.
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 10 at 20:02
Thu 25 Feb 10, 7:00 pm

Too bad if they are closed.  I have not been by there in a long time, and Terry's post is the first I have heard.  There are also fitness centers at Chaeron Thani, Sofitel, and Kosa.

Mon 15 Sep 08, 7:23 am

PULSE SPORT CLUB:

(just down the street opposite the Fairy Plaza parking lot entrance, KFC side).

There is either more than one thread for Pulse, or the old thread you refer to has a post that I made in the last couple of months.  I am not a fitness center kind of guy, and don't have much to compare it to, but Pulse seemed very snazzy, excellent facilities, weights, pool with a cool water slide, sauna, racket ball, BIG weight room (that I can't evaluate because I don't know much about weights), a huge "spinning" room (stationery bikes), and another huge room for various aerobics and yoga.  Big, new, snazzy.  Seems like a really excellent facility for my untrained eye.  If I recall, 3 months = 5,000 bahtski.  Cheaper if you sign up for six months or one year.  Definitely worth a looksee. They are happy to give you the tour and a free one-day pass.  Unfortunately (for me) constant, pounding, techno-crap music.  But I guess it depends upon what you like.

CHAERON THANI FITNESS CENTER:

I go to the Charoen Thani fitness center (5th floor) for yoga classes.  It is a very comfy, "homey",  but humble center.  There is a weight room, much smaller than Pulse, which, again,  I cannot evaluate.  In the main room, treadmill & stationery bike.  A very adequate room for aerobics, yoga, and table tennis.  Also showers, jacuzzi, (and sauna?), which I have not checked out yet.  Comfy lounge are in the lobby with TV.  And best of all (for me)  no #$%%#  music!  That is, of course, great for my yoga classes, which are very demanding, but excellent, and the Thai teacher K. Te seems quite good, and speaks enough English so that I don't get lost or (too) confused during the sequences.   Also the hotel swimming pool, of course.

Very reasonable prices:  200 baht for one time, 7,000 unlimited for one year.  Also, one, three and six month rates. 

SOFITEL FITNESS CENTER  :  I have never seen the place, so am guess guessing, but I suspect it is probably better and more expensive  than Chaeron Thani.  For example, I know the the one day rate is 250 rather than 200.   Chaeron Thani is a used-to-be five-star, slipping into a four-start these days.  Still very nice, but I suspect that everything Sofitel does outclasses it these days, including the faintness center.

Can somebody please visit Sofitel Fitness Center and report?

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

Rex
Scott View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 10:44
Closed huh???...wow...I was there last year....thats surprising but thanks for the update...I'll have to go by there anyway just to see for myself ....I have used the Sofitel before...its small but If the Pulse is closed then the Sofitel will have to do I guess....There's a lot it doesn't have but I'll have to make do with what it has.
Scott View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 10:46
Terry..do you know the name of the other place near the lake ...how well equiped is it?...does it have a steam/sauna?...any info would help.thanks
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 10 at 13:59

I've also seen one on the SW corner of Pracha Samoson Rd and either Klang Muang or Na Muang (just 1-2 blocks east of the old bus station. If you look on the second floor from the outside, it's all windows and you can see people on treadmills.

Tony
TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 10 at 14:05
Scott
I don't know the name, but will try to remember to get more info on it.

I may have been premature in saying Pulse is closed.  Something is going on there, but maybe not closing.  I'll try to get more info for everyone.
Stormin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 10 at 22:47
tcris52, The gym that you have described has been used in the past by many of my friends and they all highly recommend it.
Stormin

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not know who the idiot is!
TerryLH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryLH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 10 at 22:58
tcris52
I have heard that it cost 1000 baht per year at that place.
It's above the market that shares a driveway with Suksapan (bookstore).
Gonzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 10 at 13:43
I was quoted 500 baht a month for the place Tcris and others mentioned. Seems cheap to me, but 1,000 for the whole year is a lot better..!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic