Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3BB / TTT / TOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
peteh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peteh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3BB / TTT / TOT
    Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 13:30
I have some GOOD news to report.

For a couple of years now I have been using a landline (TOT) and Internet (TTT / 3BB) shared line.

Over the past couple of months 3BB have been re-cabling my village so that we no longer use a "split" line.

During this time my connection speeds have been awful, in fact they were awful from the time of the original installation.

Anyway, yesterday (yes Sunday) 2 engineers arrived (unannouced) at my house in Ban Moung (Ban Thum) and said they were going to make the swap to the new line.

I did a speed test prior to them starting and in read: Download 0.82 Upload 0.48. This was about average for the last 2 years. When they had finished I did another test and the reading was  Down load 6.02 and Uploan 5.02.

YES, something actually worked.   Tongue

I am delighted with the new service and cannot express enough gratitude to 3BB for making the change. Big smile

Pete

Edited by peteh - 18 Oct 10 at 13:32
Sponsored Links

kiwifreakboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwifreakboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 11 at 15:52
I was thinking about upgrading our own internet to high speed broadband. How have you found the 3BB service so far? Is there much downtime? Fast?
...where are all the angry penguins?
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 11 at 18:47
3BB seems to have displaced "MaxNet" or is a regrouping of MaxNet or something.  Anyway, they are young and aggressive for new business now.  It is a good time to sign up or get fixed up or get upgraded before they get fat and lazy and stop answering their phone! 
dogeater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 11 at 08:56
How much BHT per mo? Do u have to sign for yr or mo to mo OK?

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwifreakboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 11 at 11:31

The guy aboves questions, Wink, plus how fast is it actually to use?

SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 11 at 12:04
1 year contract

630B per month

Internet down less than 3% of the time (a lot better than the water!)

I get download speeds as high as 750 kBs...of course this varies, but I'm very satisfied

We have a wireless router & sometimes have 3 computers connected to the net with no problems.

Of course this could all change if the angry penguins ever return.Wink

Edited by SkyyWalker - 28 Mar 11 at 12:06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwifreakboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 11 at 13:23
Thanks for that. I'm used to quite high speeds in my home country (around 15mbs down) but having a look at the 3BB site they have higher priced plans anyway:

The 20mb/4mb looks good but 2990 per month, youch!
Freddie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 11 at 17:13
I am using 3BB Premier 3Mbs package, at a cost of just over 1100 baht including VAT, which is a package that is no longer offered.  I only ever get a maximum download speed of 105 Kbps  ie a third of the supposed download rate.

Today I paid my monthly bill at 3BB's office and asked about their promotion offer of 9M  at 900 baht + VAT.  I took my wife along to help with translation.  The very young girl in the office and my wife chatted and ignored me and we left.  Later my wife explained that the girl had told her that  the 9M rate was only for use within Thailand and if I wanted to use the internet outside the country at a rate faster than my existing 3M then I must pay 2,500 baht plus VAT for their premier connection of 5M.  My wife is convinced the girl told her that the 9M line only worked in Thailand.

I know this is false.  I know  I could not expect anywhere near a 9M download rate in or out of Thailand, but surely I could get more than 1M.  Even a 2M download rate out of a theoretical 9m would be double what I'm getting now.

Do any of you use 3BB's 9m (or even their old 8Mm) line and if so what actual speeds do you get with data coming from outside Thailand.

Thanks,

Freddie
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 11 at 18:05

Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

Freddie,

Don't know about the incident you reference, however I have often heard that the advertised download speeds  are for for WITHIN Thailand only.

XeReX
baba booey View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baba booey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 11 at 21:19

Freddie,

The following is an extract from the 3BB webpage:

Individual Package

Speed

Suitable for

Monthly fee
(Exclusive of VAT)

Custommer Package

Download / Upload

Dynamic IP

1 IP

4 IP

8 IP

3BB

6M / 512K

For individuals with heavy usage on domestic websites or regular usage, such as email, chat, search engine, web browsing.

-

-

-

9M / 1M

For individuals with moderate usage on international websites or need to Download/upload large files, as well as watch VDO in HD and Live Streaming.

-

-

-

12M / 1M

-

-

-

16M / 1M

-

-

-

20M / 4M

For individuals with moderate usage on international websites. The connection can support 3-4 computers at a time.

-

-

-

3BB Premier

5M / 1M

SMEs with heavy usage on international websites, who want to increase usage efficiency. The connection can support 3-4 computers at a time.

9M package appears to be acceptable for “moderate” usage on international websites.

I would recommend calling 3BB customer service @ 1530 and discuss your questions in English with a trained customer service representative as opposed to a local sales person.

I have the same package that you have and on bandwidth tests using US west coast test sites I consistently download at 4 Mb, and can stream video at 750+ Kb.

My never-ending quests continues to find one person in KKC who understands that it will not harm their car stereo if they set the bass lower than 100%.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic