Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decent crash helmets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
OBrien View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decent crash helmets
    Posted: 22 Jan 12 at 15:55
Does anyone know where to find a decent crash helmet, ie not the plastic thingies one gets when buying a scooter?
Sponsored Links

madge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 12 at 19:38
full head helmets are available from Honda shops,also Tesco Lotus do them for around 600 baht.
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine,i keep my eyes wide open all the time...
Stormin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stormin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 09:27
Go past Fairy Plaza as if you're going to the sports stadium, continue looking on the same side of the road as Fairy Plaza, you'll see a small shop that sells very good full face crash helmets and the lady will give you discount.
Stormin

Never argue with an idiot, people watching may not know who the idiot is!
OBrien View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 12:00
Thanks guys - I have a huge noggin which will no doubt narrow down the selection quite a bit so I'll have a look in all the places.
Foul Heathen View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foul Heathen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 13:03
Originally posted by Stormin Stormin wrote:

Go past Fairy Plaza as if you're going to the sports stadium, continue looking on the same side of the road as Fairy Plaza, you'll see a small shop that sells very good full face crash helmets and the lady will give you discount.

Just curious . . . if the lady will give a complete stranger that walks into her store a discount, who does she charge full price to?
Vicco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 14:27
Originally posted by Foul Heathen Foul Heathen wrote:

Originally posted by Stormin Stormin wrote:

Just curious . . . if the lady will give a complete stranger that walks into her store a discount, who does she charge full price to?

I have never managed to buy anything in Thailand that was not "discounted"   I save so much money here it's unbelievable......LOL
Vicco

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw
blocker994 View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blocker994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 14:50
Try Silver Star the Harley Davidson dealer, expensive but have full size helmets.

A "Down to Earth" - Earth Mover
Abe Frohman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abe Frohman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 12 at 22:44
Just make sure that the manufacturer of any helmet you buy has used a decent spellchecker on it. LOL

-seen in a big store in Khon Kaen several years ago-
OBrien View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 12 at 23:02
Got myself a Real Helmets G-Force (http://www.real-helmets.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=0&Itemid=4&product_id=31&product_color=%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99&product_view=2). I'm gonna look soo bad ass when I roam KKC on my little scooter Pig - anyway, safety first Smile
Bought it at the small shop down the road from Fairy Plaza. And no, she didn't give any discount - quite the opposite. When I came home and saw the price on the website I realized she had cheated me for 200 Baht (and I even bought a new helmet for my wife as well) Censored
carstenj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carstenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 12 at 02:26
wich side of the fairy place? on the mcdonald side or the other end of fairy?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic