Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a lapto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 20:46
You really know how to put a "spin" on things, Vicky.  Watch the following video repeatedly for an hour straight and tomorrow you'll be the proud owner of a hot-pink iPhone...guaranteed!Wink

blocker994 View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blocker994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 20:51

Apple computers come in "One" colour only - Machined aluminium

get ya facts straight!!! 

A "Down to Earth" - Earth Mover
SkyyWalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyyWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 20:59
Originally posted by blocker994 blocker994 wrote:

get ya facts straight!!! 

True as far as I know...mine is.  I was talking about these:

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 21:12
Originally posted by Vicco Vicco wrote:

They really are idiot proof...actually designed for those who have trouble replacing light bulbs.    You will find too that when you take your Apple with you on trips, people will instinctively want to help you across the street, down stairs.....that sort of thing.   A significant added bonus..Big smile.  

Macs come with lightbulbs?  Is that so that you can see them better ???  That's clever!
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 21:14

I started using a Mac in 2006 (and they offered white and black then). When my 2006 Macbook gave up last year, I got a Macmini for home. I then waited until the tablets got to where I wanted and got an ASUS eee Transformer with docking station/keyboard (15,900 with 16GB internal memory), running Android. Even though I like Mac, I would never get an iPad as long as they insist on no external storage devices. I have a total of 48GB external storage in my ASUS, a 32GB microSD and a 16GB SD. In addition, there's a USB port on the keyboard. 

I've been happy with the ASUS, although if I were buying now, I'd take a close look at the Toshiba Thrive. They were not available here when I bought my ASUS, but they are now. All the external ports plus a user-replaceable battery. 

Edited by tcris52 - 06 Mar 12 at 21:15
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 22:18
iPads are WONDERFUL beasts, probably the best of the bunch at this time.  I had one.  However, there are a few things which are "deal breakers" for me.  One is the lack of external storage, as you say, Tony.   The other is the the system automatically naming files with incomprehensibly, and no way to rename them yourself, no way to organize your file structure such as a File Manger or "Explorer."  I understand that third party apps with a workaround are available, but who needs the aggravation?  It was sloppy or abstinent of Apple to not provide this.   Also, iTunes is very slick and very well designed.  It's a damn good product.  Period.  However, I don't want to be a captive shopper to the iTunes MAFIA.  Give me a machine, and let me shop online wherever I want! Android is much less possessive on this score.    
Although the 10 inch screen is impressive and BEAUTIFUL, for me, 7 inches works much better, is easier to curl up with in bed or airplane seat, also fits more easily into most shoulder bags.  I'm surprised Mac doesn't offer a 7 inch version.  For example, Galaxy, the best or one of the best Android tablets,  comes in 10 inch and 7 inch.

What I would REALLY like is the ability to plug in a full-sized keyboard and be able to use the iPad as easily as a laptop.  Actually, I would like a big, portable monitor and keyboard that you could plug  the iPad or other tablet into and use as easily as a "laptop" or portable desktop as you can can as a tablet.

Maybe Windows 8, out soon, supposedly, will offer some of this.  For sure you will be able to manager your files, and the meta-design allows for each usage between tablet, smart phone, and desk top. Maybe they will get it right!  You thinks so????

XeReX
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blocker994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 22:39

The days of plugging external storage into a computer/laptop/iPad/notebook are numbered. Virtual servers such as iCloud will eventually be the norm, except for the negative people that believe that it is not secure etc. 

Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blocker994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 23:04
What I would REALLY like is the ability to plug in a full-sized keyboard and be able to use the iPad as easily as a laptop.  Actually, I would like a big, portable monitor and keyboard that you could plug  the iPad or other tablet into and use as easily as a "laptop" or portable desktop as you can can as a tablet.
Plug your iPad into any screen or HDTV

Full size keyboard (Wireless) compatible with iPad

1tb hard drive for an iPad

32gig Flash drive for your iPad

Vicco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 12 at 06:50
Originally posted by SkyyWalker SkyyWalker wrote:

Originally posted by blocker994 blocker994 wrote:

get ya facts straight!!! 

True as far as I know...mine is.  I was talking about these:

Did you guys think my post had anything to do with "facts"?.....LOL

Now you'r getting all technical....talking about plug ins....docks.....file names......
The only thing that matters in the end is the fashion statement.

Hint:   A couple of Hello Kitty stickers on your Apple will do wonders for the apperance and you will get envious glances from all the fools who go around lugging real computers.....Big smile
Vicco

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 12 at 07:55

These are all "work arounds."  It's nice that they are addressing this need, but Apple is still remiss or abstinent to not include in in the basic architecture.

I am still waiting for a portable monitor, plugin to tablet with external keyboard, rugged, carry securely in a laptop sized case.   I have low vision, and maybe others don't have the problem I do with laptops.  With the monitor attached to the keyboard, and the keyboard pushed forward a few inches, I can't see the f**king thing without bending forward.

I have done this with my laptop and an LCD monitor and external keyboard, but the monitor is fragile, doesn't travel well, and to carry everything requires an additional carry on luggage. But the concept works great in spite of the clunkiness and annoying wires everywhere.  If I wuz rich, I would just have a technician y make one for me.  Can't be that difficult or that expensive.  There may even be a market, I can't be the only Boomer who has difficulty seeing the screen on a laptop.

XeReX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic