Resorts

Baan Soun Country Retreat
Castle Howchow
Greenery Resort
Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any good English Speaking OB-GYNE in KK?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bjsuthaik View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjsuthaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any good English Speaking OB-GYNE in KK?
    Posted: 14 May 13 at 12:15
Hello everyone! After so long, I'm finally back! 

Anyways, since I've decided to stay in Khon Kaen for the long run, I thought maybe finding the right places for my health check ups should be next on my priority list. Got a good dentist near by, skin doctors have been great, and a regular hospital with my own insurance. Now all I need is to look for the right OB-GYNE. Preferably one who can speak English. I'm very picky with this and I'm sure you can understand why. I've only had ONE OB-Doctor in my life, and she was in my home town. But now I'm here in Khon Kaen and was just wondering if any of the forum members know of any? I've noticed that most forum members here are men, but I just thought I'd ask around anyways. Just taking advantage of the anonymity of the site is all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

More power to you all

A Filipina 
Sponsored Links

tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 13 at 13:05

I taught English to residents from the KKU Medical Faculty for several years and I know several were OBs. However, I don't have the records so I can't tell you names. They were all at Srinakarin Hospital and all were able to carry on at least a reasonable conversation in English, with some being quite good. 

Srinakarin has the outpatient clinics divided into specialties (labeled OPD 1-14 (or so). They are located near the main entrance (near the Siam Commercial Bank and the Bangkok Bank branches). Go to the information desk and ask which OPD is OB-GYN (สูติ-นรีเวช) (or just wander around and look at the signs-they are bilingual). Then tell the nurse at reception you need a doctor who speaks English.

Good Luck.
      Tony

Merit-making is being good to others and making others happy - Luang Por Khamkhian Suvanno
AMMOMXELA View Drop Down
Newer Member
Newer Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMMOMXELA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 13 at 14:23
Try going to Rajapruek Hospital. I always have a good experience there. There are two sisters and one is a Pediatrician & the other did my C-section surgery. Sorry but I'm very bad with the names...can't remember.

The hospital is very close to Central Plaza Mall. It across the street, but NOT KK Ram...it's about 200 meters north on the same side of street. You can call me at 083 359 9115 if you have questions or need a ride there. I'd be happy to introduce you to my doctors.

Katt

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1768&PN=5&title=giving-birth-in-khon-kaen

Edited by AMMOMXELA - 14 May 13 at 14:23
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic