Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do Home check out frustration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
selftaopath View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selftaopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Home check out frustration.
    Posted: 11 Aug 13 at 09:54
I really enjoy shopping at Do Home. When I go to the cashier I wonder why I continue shopping there however. They seem to feel all customers are thieves. You will have your purchases scanned, typically 2 young women involved in this process, then after all items are scanned they wait for a print out, then the two look at the print out and check all items on the list (one by one) before placing them in a bag for the customer. This can take awhile if one purchases several individual items. Then after items are bagged and an attempt to exit the store ( a/b 2-3 paces from the cashier) customer is stopped by security and  the bagged items are re-checked according to the receipt just given 2 meters away. I just don't get it . 

Oh and if someone takes a handbag/backpack it will be placed into an plastic bag which can not be opened by the customer. After shopping one can can get their handbag "released" by stopping again at the "release" security check. ?????  Also note: If the bag is too large and can not fit into Do Home's secure plastic bag it must remain outside the shopping area.

I love that Do Home has many many items available which are not available at other outlets but this check our process seems a bit maddening. 
Cheers,
Keoki
Be neither happy nor sad at any event, because we can not know its ultimate consequences in this world of causality.
Sponsored Links

fceligoj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fceligoj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 13 at 11:07
So it tells you about how many items are shoplifted by 'Thai' customers. Home Hub does about the same thing as you exit the store as does Makro, they have security check your purchases against the receipt.

There are a few stores in the US that make women check their purses at the service desk. Not only that, if you use the dressing room, they count the number of items you take in and give you a card with that #, so you cannot hide something under your clothes.

I know this is all frustrating to honest customers, but not all customers are honest!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic