Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vietnamese Nam Neung

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tcris52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcris52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vietnamese Nam Neung
    Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 18:57

FYI.

VT, the Vietnamese restaurant in Nong Khai (along the river) that also has a restaurant in Udorn, has opened in KK. I have not been there but my wife brought food home tonight. She says it's on the street behind Tukcom somewhere along the Kosa/Pullman strip. 

That used to be a regular stop when we had to go to immigration in Nong Khai. I guess I started that tradition again since I went to immigration today and had VT this evening.

If you've tried it, you know how good it is. If you haven't give it a try.

Tony

Merit-making is being good to others and making others happy - Luang Por Khamkhian Suvanno
Sponsored Links

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 19:52

Mon 23 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

Thanks, Tony.  Will have to try soon.  There were two very good Vietnamese restaurants--same owner--one, a  big buffet  on the way to the train station,  and another smaller one (Vietnamese & Isaan menu) not far from Pulse Sport Center.  They have been closed for a long time now. Always busy when I was there, so wonder why the called it quits?

Changnoi1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Changnoi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 20:40
At Tesco/Lotus food-court is Vietnamese food sold, I think it comes from VT also.
On the road of bus-station 2 are 2 Vietnamese restaurants.

screamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 22:20
The Nong Khai VT is very good, especially the parcels you make up yourself.
freejack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freejack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 13 at 19:11
There is an awesome Vietnamese restaurant on the NE side of town on one of the main roads. I will visit there in January and get the address.

M. and I ate there last year at 4 a.m. after an overnight bus ride from BKK. We caught at cab at the bus station and picked up her car at her gov. office and had breakfast there.

Viet food is awesome. Not sure if I'd live there (Vietnam).
man from smoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man from smoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 13 at 21:42
Hi Freejack,strange post about Vietnamese food,you will give address in January,when you return to k k,i suggest you repost in Jan. 2014,otherwise most these old farts on this forum will not remember,any part of your post, merry xmas,  m f t smokeSmile
freejack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freejack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 13 at 22:20
[QUOTE=man from smoke]

Hi Freejack,strange post about Vietnamese food,you will give address in January,when you return to k k,i suggest you repost in Jan. 2014,otherwise most these old farts on this forum will not remember,any part of your post, merry xmas,  m f t smoke[IMG]http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif" alt="Smile" title="Smile"

Is the name on this? I can't read Thai (yet).
JohnPaulGeorgeRingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnPaulGeorgeRingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 13 at 06:38
Sounds like you're talking about the place next to 7/11 which is next to My bar which is across from Erics bar which is along from Leo's bar which is next to the car rental place which is across the road from the Pullman hotel.
18th September, Independence day.
freejack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freejack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 13 at 06:46
Very well possible.
fceligoj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fceligoj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 13 at 09:57
Just had lunch at Nam Nueng Lablae Vietnamese Buffet Restaurant on Na Meung Road close to the bus station.  This one is the buffet and its sister is across the street and down the side soi for the menu-driven restaurant.  Phone number is 043-236 296.  We have eaten there many times in the last 2 years.  They also make a great very spicy som tom.  Price is 175 baht, all you can eat plus a desert bar!

Their hours are : 11AM - 11PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic