Rachawadee Resort & Spa

Search

Discussion Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Khon Kaen Immigration Office???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pianoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pianoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Khon Kaen Immigration Office???
    Posted: 01 Oct 05 at 05:02

Just read the following in another group...  Sure hope that it's true as it will make most of us a lot happier....

Pianoman...

"I have just got back from Nong Khai Immigration Office and they told me that a new Immigration Office is to open in Khon Kaen on Friday 4th November and every Friday thereafter. It was so marked on the Immigration Officer's desk diary and will be in the Kosa Hotel, Khon Kaen.

This is good news for Khon Kaen and the surrounding changwats as it can be a long haul up to Nong Khai.

Please support the new office when it opens and let's hope it stays there.

Nong Khai's telephone number is 042 423963"
Sponsored Links

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 05 at 08:56

Sat 1 Oct 05, 6:56 p.m.

Thanks Pianoman.

This certainly is good news, at least for some of us.  Excuse me for saying, however, that I will believe it when I see it.

How strange that they closed the Udon office which had been operating a few days each week for years (At least they announced they were going to close it.  Can anyone confirm?) and now opening in KK. 

Aloha,

Rex

Edited by rexall
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 05 at 18:34

Sat 1 Oct 05,  4:38 p.m.

Pianoman or anyone else,

Please post any updates or new info as the time gets closer.  I need to visit the immigration office in November, and I sure would like to avoid that stupid bus or train trip to Nong Kai if I possibly can.

Thanks, lah!

Aloha,

Rex

Pianoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pianoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 05 at 00:55

Rex,

I have been back in the States for the past two months, but should be back to Thailand / Kalasin mid Oct. and will try to find out more info then, if someone eles has not already filled us in...

Pianoman

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 05 at 12:50

Mon 17 Oct 05,  10:52 a.m.

Good Morning All,

Can anyone confirm that Thai Immigration will have an "office" at the Kosa every Friday beginning Fri 4 Nov 05?

Also, is it true that the part time immigration office in Udon shut several months ago?

Thanks for any news.  I am trying to coordinate between met US Consular visit to Udon Fri 21 Oct 05 and a follow through with Thai immigration after that.

Aloha,

Rex

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 05 at 23:00

Thu 20 Oct 05, 9:00 p.m.

Hi All,

Sorry to be a pest, but has anyone been able to confirm new Thai Immigration "office" opens next Fri 4 Oct 05 at Kosa Hotel?  

Tomorrow, I have to go to Udon to see the Amerikans, and then on to Nong Kai to see the Thais.  Would love to skip that Udon-Nong Kai bus ride  if I can just get the job done in Khon Kaen next week.

Thanks for any info.

Aloha,

Rex

Pianoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pianoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 05 at 08:46

Rex,

Sorry, I have been in Kalasin for almost two weeks now and have not been able to confirm the new Immg. office in Khon Kaen...  I called to the Kosa Hotel and the person I spoke to would not or could not give me any information...  I had my lady call and speak to someone in Thai, and they just told her that they would not tell her about anyone who stays at the hotel???  I think it lost something in the translation...   One of you guys in Khon Kaen might give that a try and see if you can get any further than I did....

I leave Sunday to go back to the STates for another 3 months, Darn it!!!   But I will keep everyone informed if I hear anything...

Pianoman

rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 05 at 18:15

Thanks for a brilliant effort, Pianoman.    The hotel isn't allowed to give out any info about "guests", that's rich!   

I'm back from Udon already.  Decided not to continue on to Nong Kai.  It wasn't urgent that I go today, and worst case scenario is a schlep up there later next month.  Meanwhile, I will present myself at the Kosa next Friday 4 Nov and see what's what, and report back.

Geeze, that bus trip back from Udon took forever today!  It took 25 just to get out of town, and then stops every 15 minutes to pick up passengers. The person sitting next to me was a little guy, but he kept expanding to fill space and take up more than his seat.  I sat like a scrunched up pretzel all the way to KK.     I am too old for this, wish to hell the shop would finish repairing my Mercedes already!

Aloha,

Rex

Thaipwriter View Drop Down
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaipwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 05 at 12:53
Just been down to the Kosa, no sign of immigration people.
The receptionist told me there was never any such event planned neither past nor present!
rexall View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 05 at 14:22

Fri 4 Nov 05,  1:17 p.m.

Thaipwriter,

I had plans to go this morning but wasn't feeling well and decided to let is slide until next week.  I still have a few weeks to take care of my business.   Thanks for going down there and dealing with the frustration and confusion in my place! 

Bizarre, huh?  The person that Pianoman was quoting from another forum claimed to get the info first-hand at the Nong Kai Immigration Office.  I posted to Thaivisa.com asking if anyone could confirm, and somebody came back :  "That's right, mate." 

If anyone (who isn't psychotic) happens to be visiting Nong Kai Immigration anytime soon can sort out what the hell is going on, I would be really interested and grateful.  Meanwhile, I guess it's the bus for me to Nong Kai later this month.   I have never been there, do they speak enough English to understand the question and clear up the confusion about alleged Khon Kaen visits?

Aloha,

Rex

Edited by rexall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic